30 November, 7-9pm
Hanover pub, Queens Park Road
With Inspector Brian McCarthy, Central Brighton Neighbourhood Policing Team
At the AGM we heard that there would no longer be a police presence at LAT meetings. The reason given by Sussex Police was
“Unfortunately with the new PCSO role and the reduction in numbers of PCSOs it is simply impossible to continue as we have always done. With regard to deployment of PCSOs this is always done taking into consideration the threat harm and risk. It means that where you may have only had one patrolling your area, if a risk is identified then extra staff can be moved into that area to resolve the problem.”
The outgoing Chair Delia Forester expressed strong concern about this to the Police.
As a result, Inspector Brian McCarthy of Central Brighton Neighbourhood Policing Team will be attending a special LAT meeting to explain why they have had to make this change and the ongoing changes that are happening to Neighbourhood policing.
28 September 2016, Hanover pub
2. Minutes of 2015 AGM download & last meeting
3. Chair’s report on past year download
4. Elections – please send nominations to outgoing Chair (Delia Forester)
before meeting (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at start of meeting.
- Website/Social Media
5. Changes to Queens Park bus services
Patrick Warner, Business Services Director, Brighton & Hove Buses will be
coming to explain the latest changes to the 21 & 23
6. Friends of Queens Park/Council parks consultation
Brighton & Hove City Council is consulting on the future of the parks service –
7. Councillors’ report
8. Police report
9. Any other business
10. Next meeting date
The AGM of Queen’s Park LAT will take place at 7pm Wed 28th September at The Hanover Pub, Queens Park Rd.
Please note this meeting has been rearranged as the meeting room was not available on the original date (14th September)
All residents are invited to the meeting which acts as the forum for feedback to the council and police for concerns of people living and working in Queen’s Park.
Both the Chair (Delia Forrester) and Vice Chair & Media coordinator (Mark Strong) are stepping down so it is particularly important for as many people as possible to attend to attend. If you would like to stand for Chair or Vice-Chair please email Delia email@example.com.
Click Minutes July 2016 to download the minutes from the LAT meeting of 6 July
The next Queens Park Local Action team meeting will take place on Wednesday July 6th, 7pm at the Hanover Public House on Queens Park Road
- Antisocial behaviour on scooters around Queens park Terrace
- Graffiti on arch and other places
- Management of recycling facilities and tram shelter around the Pepperpot
- Cuthbert ACV
- Drug dealing on West Drive
- Reduced PCSO presence
- Report back from LAT City Forum
- Any other business
- Next meeting
Look forward to seeing you there
will be at 7pm on
Wednesday 4 May 2016
Back room, Hanover pub, Queens Park Road
The agenda will be available soon
There were 12 people at the LAT meeting tonight.
We discussed the following issues:
- Police report – drug-related incidents are still happening in and near Queens Park, the police are acting on this
- East Brighton transport project – we heard how the project is encouraging local people to walk and cycle more. More details here.
- Update from Councillor Karen Barford, including details about the council budget
- Queens Park update – Sad news that Chris Cooke, the Treasurer of the Friends of Queens Park, has died. A memorial appeal has been set up by his family with funds raised to be in favour of Queens Park. Good news only 1 of the council’s 9 park rangers was lost in budget costs.
- AOB. Neither the Chair nor Vice Chair can attend tomorrow’s LAT chair’s meeting. Cuthbert Pub, no further news to report.
Full minutes of the meeting are available here.